“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
The Women’s Ministry of Saint James provides opportunities for women to come together to study God’s Word, fellowship and encourage one another.
Lutheran Women’s Missionary League – Canada
- Lutheran – A body of believers, trusting in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Women’s – Supporting women of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds, in Canada, and around the world.
- Missionary – Reaching out with the Gospel to those in our homes, our churches, our communities, and our world.
- League – Organized into small groups (“societies”) within congregations, zones, districts, and nationally.
- Canada – An auxiliary to Lutheran Church–Canada with almost 3,000 members in societies in 230 congregations
As an auxilliary of Lutheran Church-Canada, Lutheran Women’s Missionary Leauge-Canada’s mission is to:
EQUIP, MOTIVATE AND ENCOURAGE WOMEN to
- Grow in God’s Word
- Serve God’s people
- Share God’s Son
To accomplish this mission we are involved in the study of God’s word, mission service projects, and mission grant projects. Our motivation comes from the love God has shown us and a desire to share the message of the gospel with others.